Saturday, December 12, 2009

Hi!

Hello! My name is Melissa, and I just turned 30 years old in November. I'm starting this blog because I want to keep a record of my journey to lose weight, get healthier and change my life. I also want to write about my every day life since it all goes hand in hand.

Anyway, I'm from Queens, NY. I have a long term partner of 6 years, J. We have a great life together, but the one thing that has been holding me back from so much is my weight gain. When J and I met, I was a size 10. Now, I'm a 20/22. She still loves me the way I am, but I don't love me, and we all know how that goes. I've held her back, and I've held myself back from enjoying life in the fullest since I've gained this weight. We haven't been on vacation, we haven't gone out dancing in a long while, we haven't gone to amusement parks or the beach. Don't get me wrong, we have plenty of fun together, but it's not the same as the beginning.

I want to do so many things in the future...travel, have fun, have a baby. I need to change my life for so many reasons, and I am ready. I will NOT let my thirties be like my twenties. I want to recapture my youth, vitality, energy and beauty. I started making major changes in the middle of November, and I've already lost 8 pounds. I went from 231 to 223. I work out 6 times a week. I changed my eating habits, and I now keep track of my food choices through a website called Sparkpeople, which I loveeee. I am ready to get back to that sexy girl I was 6 years ago.

So.....welcome to my journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment